1 small pumpkin capped and cleaned.
1 finely chopped onion
3 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup pine nuts
A drizzle of honey or natural maple syrup.
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 200 c.
2. With a brush carefully coat the inside of the pumpkin with Olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a large sheet of foil and place aside.
3. In a pan, heat 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add garlic and sauté for half a minute.
4. Add almonds and pine nuts and continue for 2 minutes - make sure the flame isn't too hot.
5. Add quinoa and herbs.
6. Season and drizzle honey/maple. Taste and correct seasoning.
7. Carefully spoon quinoa mixture into the pumpkin.
8. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
9. Cover pumpkin with foil and bake in the hot oven 35-45 minutes depending on size of pumpkin.
** In case of active Crohn's disease, please consult with your dietitian regarding the addtion of almonds and pine nuts.